FROM THE COMMANDER
The biggest event this month is Veterans Day. We will have a ceremony at 11:00 at
Broad boulevard and Front Street. I hope to see allot of you at the ceremony and then
afterwards we will meet at the VFW. We are trying something different and having a
comedy night at the club along with dinner on the 17th and the cost is $25.00 a person.
We also have this year’s Military Ball on the 18 at the Ravenna Post 1055, l need to
have the money for the tickets by the 7th. This year our District 8 is having a Stuff
Santa’s Sack with toys. These toys will go to people in our four counties. This runs from
November 1st through December 1st. Our Post will have a box at the club for the toys
and cash or checks are excepted. If you give a check, please put in the memo toy drive.
Everything will be picked up at our location on December 2nd from 10:30-12:00.
- November 1-10 th – Witness Tree Ceremony at 5:00pm at the Post
- November 4 th – Post monthly drawing.
- November 8 th – Post house committee meeting.
- November 11 th – Veteran’s Day ceremony.
- November 11 th – Witness Tree Ceremony at 1:00pm at the Post
- November 16 th – Post monthly meeting because of Thanksgiving on the 23rd.
- November 17 th – Dinner and comedy club at the post.
- November 18 th – District 8 Military Ball.
- November 23 rd – Thanksgiving. The post will provide a turkey and we are asking for
sides. Plan for food to be ready around 2:00pm.
- November All month — Stuff Santa’s Sack with toys.
- November 10 th – US Marine Corps established in 1775.
- November 11 th – Signing of WW1, Armistice 1918.
- November 21 st – Granada campaign ended 1983.
Hello everyone. Hope your month has been going well.
I would like to thank everyone that came out for our fish fry.
I would also like to remind everyone that our spaghetti dinner and comedy show is
taking place on Friday November 17TH
the cost is $25 for dinner and the show.
Saturday November 11th is Veterans Day. Don’t forget to thank all our veterans.
Our next meeting will be held on Monday November 13 at 6 pm and is open to all
I hope to see you all there.
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.