FROM THE COMMANDER
With the year half over and about a month away from our Post’s 100 th Anniversary we
have a lot to do with little time to get it done. Remember this year’s anniversary
celebration will also be our annual picnic that we normally do in September. Currently
we have two food trucks that will be on site. One will have Polish food and the other will
have American food. We will also have the McArthur Brew House’s Fire Truck
Dispenser available during the celebration. We do have some music planned. We are
still finalizing the details.
- July 1 st – Monthly post drawing 7:00
- July 27 th – Post Monthly Meetings, Canteen Meeting 6:00, Officers Meeting at 7:00
- August 6 th – Ralph Huff VFW Post 1062 100 th Anniversary celebration from 12 – 8
- August 19 th – Chicks Ride Car Show from 12 – 4
- July 1 st – Beginning of the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863
- July 2 nd – Congress announced the United State Constitution had been ratified, 1788
- July 2 nd – President James A Garfield was shot and mortally wounded, 1881
- July 2 nd – President Johnson signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- July 4 th – Declaration of Independence was approved, 1776
- July 27 th – The Korean War ended with the signing of the armistice, 1953
Hello all. I hope your summer is going well. it’s hard to believe we are halfway through
the year already. First, I would like to thank all of the volunteers not only from the
auxiliary but also the canteen and post members. Your time and effort are greatly
appreciated I want to thank Stephanie for her work as President of Auxiliary for the last
two years. Thank you to all of you who volunteered for a position, your dedication to our
Auxiliary is greatly appreciated.
Coming up this summer we have our Post’s 100th Anniversary on Sunday August 6.
We will be having a picnic to celebrate from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the club. There
will be food trucks serving food all day.
Please keep Mary Munn in your prayers while she is healing. I’d like to welcome the
club’s new bartenders, Joanna and Mary.
Our next meeting will be on Monday July 10th, 2023, at 6pm. Remember all axillary
member are welcome and encouraged to be there.
Thank you for your support and remember to thank a veteran