FROM THE COMMANDER
Our posts 100th anniversary is August 6, 12:00 to 7:00 PM. We are going to have two
food trucks in the parking lot. The canteen will be available for drinks. Some activities
we will be having is cornhole and horseshoes. We have been doing a lot of remodeling
at our post, our volunteers have been working very hard for the last few months and I
want to personally thank them for all of hard work they have done.
Our last weekly car show will be August 3rd and then there will be a car show for Chicks
Ride 4 on August 19th from 12:00-4:00. There has not been enough participation to
continue to do the weekly car show. We will have one major car show during the
summer time to be announced for next year.
**August monthly drawing will not be on Saturday, It would be on Sunday the same time
as our 100 anniversary celebration.
- August 6 th – Ralph Huff VFW Post 1062 100 th Anniversary celebration from 12 – 8
- August 19 th – Chicks Ride Car Show from 12 – 4
- August 24th post monthly meeting 6 o’clock canteen, officers 7 o’clock.
- August 25th Kathy Kalbach celebration of life.
- August 1st Air force day.
- August 4th US, Coast Guard established 1790.
- August 7th Purple Heart medal established 1782. Vietnam war begin 1964.
- August 14th Japan surrendered ending World War II 1945. National Navajo code
- August 16th National Airborne Day.
- August 19th National Aviation Day.
Hello to all, I can’t believe another month has passed. I hope your summer is going well.
I would like to start out by thanking all members that have been volunteering their time
to make our post look nice. Cathy Honsaker and Rick James have done a wonderful job
patching holes and painting. Bob Clark laid the new carpet in the front entrance We
can always use volunteers if you have time, we would love to see new faces
I would like to welcome our newest Auxiliary members Vickie Guinn, and Brandon
Heaston. If you have any friends or family members bring them in. It is always nice to
meet new people.
Starting this month, we will start collecting acme cashback. If you have a receipt, please
bring it in we will have a collection envelope.
Our 100th anniversary has come upon us. I hope to see everyone come out with their
family and celebrate with us.
As most of you know by now Mary Munn has been sick. I would like everyone to keep
her in their prayers. She has been a vital person in keeping our post going on a daily