FROM THE COMMANDER
It was a great Memorial Day this year with beautiful weather. I know it was a little too hot
for some people but it’s better than being cold and raining. In case you didn’t attend the
Memorial Day speaking event the Mayor of Cuyahoga Falls officially declared the city a
Purple Heart City! I want to thank everyone who helped with the Memorial Day parade
and with the luncheon we had at the post and with all of the flags that were put on the
Veterans Graves at Chestnut Cemetery. A reminder that our monthly Cruise-in, car
show is every Thursday from 5:00-7:30, May through September.
- June 3rd- Monthly post drawing 7:00.
- June 14th- House Committee Meeting 6:00.
- June 22nd- Post Monthly Meeting, Canteen Meeting 6:00, Officers Meeting at 7:00.
- June 6th- D-Day allied invasion of Europe, 1944.
- June 14th- US Army founded in 1775.
- June 22nd- Pledge of Allegiance recognized by Congress in 1942. G.I. Bill signed into
- June 25th- Korean war began 1950.
- June 30th- Post 9/11, G.I. Bill signed into law 2008.
I am excited by how much help we had putting up the flags and taking them down before and after Memorial Day! The weather was very cooperative. The parade was fun and the luncheon went well. We had a great turnout and tons of food. Giant eagle donated a beautiful cake and we are very grateful.
Please add the 100th anniversary celebration to your calendar. It will be held on Sunday August 6th. 12pm-8pm. We will have food trucks plus more. See you there.
Our next meeting will be held on Monday June 12th at 6pm.
Thank you all and remember to thank a veteran today!
President VFW Post 1062 Auxiliary.