From the Commander
I want to thank everyone who helped with our Lent fish Fry Dinner’s, it was a great success. Our volunteers worked extremely hard this year. We can only hope that next year will be as good if not better than this year.
Upcoming Post events:
- This year we will be holding our Cruise In, Car Show on the first Saturday of the month starting in May and running thru October from 12:00 to 4:00. We will have Hamburgers, Hotdogs and fresh cut French Fries available during the show we are also looking at have brats available.
- Charlie Tunes is our DJ on Friday from 6:00 to 10.00.
- DJ Man is continuing Karaoke on Saturdays from 6:00 to 10:00, we hope to go back to normal hours once all restrictions are lifted.
- This month is the last time you can be nominated for an Officer Position, and we will be voting on these positions on April 22nd at the 7:00 Meeting.
- Euchre is every other Sunday starting at 2:00 pm. If interested contact the Post so you get the right Sunday.
- We are putting together our Golf League, if interested sign up on the roster at the Post or contact Jim Kleintop.
Upcoming District 8 events:
- Testimonial Dinner for District Commander Jesse Regan and the Auxiliary President Cathy Schafer and will be held on Saturday May 1st, at VFW Post 3767 Hubbard. Tickets are $25.00 a person. See the commander for these tickets and if you have any more questions about this event. Karaoke has started again since the restrictions have been lifted which is on Saturdays from 6:00 to 10:00.
- Golf Scramble is to be held on Friday June 25th, at Knoll Run Golf Course in Lowellville, Ohio. See the commander for any additional information about this event and the cost and or you can sponsor a hole.
Details are still being worked out for the Memorial Day Ceremony to be held at the Oakwood Cemetery, I will give you the final update next month. I hope to see more people coming out to the club now that the weather is starting to get warmer and more restrictions are being lifted. We are also looking at trying to get a Cornhole and/or Horseshoe League going over the Summer. If you are interested contact the Post or come to the Canteen Meeting which are held at 6:00 pm on the 4th Thursday of the month before our regular meeting.
From the Auxiliary
Spring has sprung! Easter is just days away and we at the Auxiliary are hopping right along!
Every year in April the Auxiliary holds its annual elections. All members who are either Life members or annual members who have paid their dues for this calendar year are welcome to hold an office. The following offices are open for nominations: president, senior vice president, junior vice president, treasurer, chaplain, 3-year trustee, 2-year trustee, guard, and conductor/conductress. If you are interested but will not be able to attend the meeting on April 19th at 7:00pm, you can send/drop off a letter of interest prior to that date. To vote you must be present at the meeting. If you have any questions, please email them to email@example.com or ask an Auxiliary member.
Thank you to all annual members who have renewed their membership! Thanks to you we won 2nd Place from Department!
The Fish Fry is up and running very well! Thanks to everyone who has purchased items from the Auxiliary’s Bake Sale! We really appreciate the support.
At our March meeting we accepted three new applicants. We look forward to meeting those new members. We also initiated two members, John Stanfield and David Golec. The new member initiation is a moving ceremony and we invite all members who have had their applications approved to attend an upcoming meeting to be initiated. You will receive your pin and handbook, and a warm welcome.
We look forward to seeing you soon. Don’t forget the April meeting will be on the 19th at 7:00pm in the Post’s Hall. Any changes to dates, times or locations will be available on the Auxiliary Facebook page, https://www.facebook.com/vfwaux1062, and at the Canteen.