From the Commander
I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Our Post had regular and smoked turkey, along with all of the excellent side dishes that everyone brought to the Post luncheon; and I want to thank everyone for making this a great meal.
Our Post hours for December 24th and the 25th will be from 12:00 to 8:00 and we will be having a luncheon at 2:00pm on Christmas day and the Post will provide Ham, and side dishes are requested. Our New Year’s Eve Party will be from 7:00pm to 1:00am. The Post will be providing pork and sauerkraut, and we request side dishes to share. New Year’s Day hours will be from 12:00 to 8:00.
Here are just a few of the events going on at the post:
- On Friday’s our post has a DJ and the hours are from 7:00 to 10:00.
- Also, on Fridays will be the game of Trivia starting up after New Year’s.
- On Tuesdays is our post Women’s pool league which is at 7:00.
- On Thursdays is our post Traveling Pool League which starts at 7:00.
This past Veterans Day the Sutliff Housing Apartments had a dinner for their residents who are Veteran’s, and they invited members of our post to join them. It was a great time and a great meal. We had 7 of our members go to this dinner. We have pictures of this event on our website and also other pictures from Veterans Day.
Here are a few events to keep your eye on in the near future:
- On March 14th District 8 will be having a night at the races at the Newton Falls Post 3332. Doors open at 6:00pm. Price is $25.00/person which includes your meal, and a DJ after the races are over. The public is welcome.
- On March 28th our VFW will be having a Community Expo at the Cuyahoga Falls Natatorium from 8:00 Am to 2:00 PM.
- Summit County has a new Women Veteran’s Homeless shelter which is called Liberty House. This is something that has been needed for a long time because we have a lot of women Veterans who can get help from this facility.
I hope everyone has a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year. 2020 will soon be here.
From the Auxiliary
As 2019 comes to an end, the VFW Auxiliary to Post 1062 is still going strong. We expect 2020 to be another amazing year.
We are always accepting Acme receipts so please keep bringing them to the Post. We will begin cashing them in and will let you know the total in a future newsletter. Thank you for your contributions.
Christmas will be here soon and we are always looking for ways to make the holiday brighter for the family of a veteran in need. Please follow us on our Facebook Page, VFW Auxiliary Post 1062, for ways to contribute.
This year’s pins are in! They are log cabins and are available at the Canteen bar.
Sadly, at our two most recent meetings we had to drape our charter in remembrance of two of our members who have passed away. Please keep the families of Matt Stuber and Gary Lowe in your thoughts and prayers.
The Auxiliary has some exciting events coming in the new year and want all current Auxiliary members to join us! On Thursday, January 16, 2020, we will be hosting an event with the Cuyahoga Falls Chamber of Commerce. The Falls After Five event is a large, monthly networking and we are looking forward to seeing our fellow Chamber members in our Post!
For a second year in a row we will be participating in the Community Expo alongside our VFW. As always, the Expo will be at the Cuyahoga Falls Natatorium and will be on Saturday, March 28, 2020. It begins at 8:00am and runs until 2:00pm. It’s a great event and we look forward to seeing you there!
If you are making New Year’s resolutions, we ask that you include being more active at our Post, and that all Auxiliary members join us for events and our monthly meetings. Reminder: our meetings are the third Monday of each month at 7:00pm.